In case you don’t know, Paranoid Android was considered one of the most acclaimed custom ROMs of all time. The development team focused on bringing a polished and refined experience while using minimum resources. While it may not boast of the plethora of features and customization features that other ROMs offer, Paranoid Android or PA, does promise a soothing user experience overall. So to put it straight, if you want stability and new features right from Pixel devices then Pixel Experience is the best custom ROM on Android, bar none. Keep in mind, you won’t get the latest Android build immediately, but you will have a stable and hassle-free experience for sure. There are some benefits to running stock Android itself, however, that are well worth exploring.
Many of the times, a new Android release come in the market but your phone company don’t provide the update for your phone. Your mobile vendor forget about your phone and start focusing on its new models. But the community supports you – people releases custom ROMs of new Android releases even if your mobile company don’t release the update for your phone.
- If you do not like the firmware installed by the device manufacturer on your Android device, you are free to replace it with your own custom firmware.
- The easiest way to backup all your Android apps is to use a cloud-based app such as Google Drive, DropBox, or OneDrive.
- If you are looking for OnePlus 1 stock ROM firmware, then you are on the right page.
- The ArrowOS project started with the sole aim of keeping things simple, clean, and neat.
Also, these ROMs support customizations and are available for many Android devices. Some ROMs may not come with Gapps, and you can install them separately as packages using your custom recovery. If I missed any ROM, Or you have better suggestions, comment below download the firmware. You’ll quickly detect the difference if you’ve previously used other custom ROMs.
- We could get all the experience that a custom ROM has to offer, right via a GSI build.
- You can customize every last end of the user interface and tweak the system features.
- Lock the bootloader, and you'll be completely back to normal.
- This Firmware provides regular user expertise of the OS with none useful changes created to that.
If you want to replace your stock ROM, then the above-mentioned ROMs should be given a try. There are a few more Android custom ROMs for rooted Android. BlissPop is not as popular as other ROMs but, it has its own unique features which can be tried. Its features include lock screen shortcuts, battery styles, Live Display, etc. It also allows you to customize the colors, text, font, etc.
You can customize this ROM to any extent; however, it features Quick Settings, Status bar, Lock Screen, Navigation, Buttons, Sound, and Recent Screen Customizations. This custom ROM has been released for 90+ devices, while it’s just 30+ devices that support the Android Pie updates. CrDroid stylishly offers a pixel-like experience and supports Google Gcam Camera app. This is one of the best custom ROMs we recommend for our readers. LineageOS also has a wide list of supported devices, so its quite likely that your device will be in that list as well.